So last week I had a bad cold (so did Levi and Matt) and it rained alllll week-we didn't see the sun once. So I didn't work out a single time.
But yesterday I ran and then again today! I didn't think I could do the week 4 (running 3 min then 5 min twice) after not running a whole week. So I did week 2 of mom's plan (run 1, walk 4 times 9) and it went really well!
The pig is 13.5 weeks away... And mom's plan is 13 weeks long. Just sayin'.
Love you girls! Should we register for the pig??? It'll make it real!


13 weeks - yikes! I did week 4 three times last week and am planning to do it again this week because i have to really master it. Then I still have 5 more weeks until the 5K, assuming all goes well. That means only 8 weeks after that to get to a 10K! I think we may need to walk/run the 10K. I'm down for the pig. should we all register at the same time or have one person register for all of us together?
ReplyDeletePS - who is that giant kid you have in your stroller? :)
I went ahead and registered!!!! We can each just register individually. Kristi, you can totally run the 10k (but I think it is fine if we walk/run). It's way harder to go from running nothing to 3 miles than 3miles to 6 miles! And if you start in on mom's program at week 6, when you've finished the 5k, it's a run 3 min/walk 2 minutes 13 times. You'll definitely be able to do that!
ReplyDeleteOh girls...I'm so afraid I can't do this. I ran last night and I'm walking like an old woman. I iced my knee when I got home and I thought it felt better, but when I went to get up...ouch! BUT I'm not ready to give up. In fact, I feel more determined than ever, but I don't know if I can run...at least for awhile. I'm going to do as much as I can and I'm going to register for the pig and hope for the best.
ReplyDeleteCould that giant kid in the stroller be any cuter?
Momma, I'm so glad you're not giving up! Try walking or something to stay active...and if we just walk the 10k that's ok!!! Maybe we can just run across the finish line together. No matter what, you've inspired me to get out and run and be healthy (which in turn is inspiring Matt to be healthy too). I hope we can run it, but whatever happens is just fine!
ReplyDeletei am registered!
ReplyDeleteI am also registered! We're doing this thing! And my knee feels way better today. I'm heading to the gym in a few minutes, but I'll be doing the ellyptical today.
ReplyDeleteKatie, can you send me these pictures? I just adore them. I'm thinking I might need new background for my computers.
mom can you send me your program? or what it's called so i can look it up?
ReplyDelete